1. Rice – 2 cups
2. Urad Daal – 1/4 cup
3. Fenugreek (a.k.a Methi) seeds – 1 Tea spoon
4. (Thin) Puffed rice – 1 cup
5. Freshly grated coconut – 1/2 cup
1. Soak Rice, Urad daal and fenugreek seed together for 7-8 hours (mostly in the morning so that Dosa can be made for next morning).
2. At night, soak puffed rice in water for a minute and drain excess water from it.
3. Add these soaked puffed rice, fresh coconut to soaked rice-daal-fenugreek. Grind them together in mixer to make batter.
4. Keep to ferment for next 6-7 hours.
5. Add salt to taste and make pan cakes(dosas) from this batter in the morning.
Red chillies Chutney –
1. Take 6-7 dry red chillies, freshly grated coconut, 2-3 garlic leaves, 1 small piece of tamarind, salt, sugar. Grind together in mixer to make paste (chutney)
2. Take small pan and add some oil and heat it
3. Add asafoetida, poppy seeds, cummin seeds and curry leaves in heated oil. Turn off gas immediately.
4. Add this to paste (chutney) made in step 1
Dosas are ready to be served along with this tasty chutney!